It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The five children of a Romanian family taken in Norway
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:43 am 
Superposter

Pronouncements from politically correct Christian circles in Norway

Norwegian Christians “happy” for Bodnariu but “disappointed” after harsh criticism of the country
One month ago, the five Bodnariu children were finally returned to their parents. But what have been other consequences of the case? Norwegian Christian journalist Tarjei Gilje shares his views.
Evangelical Focus, 11 July 2016

The opinions expressed by Mr Gilje are exactly as they have been from state-subservient Christian circles all along. Gilje repeats irrelevancies and narrow self-centredness and has by 11 July not come any further than before, even after the decision in the County Committee.

Compare, in contrast, what Bjarne Ystebø in Norge IDAG (which is not state-subsidised) wrote considerably earlier:
Full seier for Naustdal-familien (Full victory for the Naustdal family).

The difference illustrates that when a conventional newspaper in Norway, like Dagen, has decided what they want to think and to defend, stubbornness takes the place of investigating and learning. The more than 6 months of the Bodnariu family's ordeal have not made Gilje think to investigate Norwegian Barnevern generally. He sticks to official circles as the source of 'information' (read: ideologically strongly tainted propaganda) and opinion.
    The closest he comes to any 'new' thought is to say: "I think many Christians have a feeling that Barnevernet needs to be looked after more closely." Fancy that. Christians ought to have made a hue and cry to have that done for more than 30 years – well, in fact for more than a hundred: Christians have been central in the ill-treatment of several out-groups in Norway as far back as we have documentation, all done in the name of the best interest of children and parents. It is a horrid history all through. In our days they are eagerly active as Barnevernet's foster parents and in other functions.
   First and foremost Gilje repeats the familiar criticism of the reactions abroad, and says they do not know Norway. So what? What relevance? As Jan Simonsen said at the demonstration in Oslo on 28 May 2016 (at time 37:15, E. Dyakonov's Video 1):
"He [Kai Morten Terning] felt a stomach pain at the non-objective criticism of Norwegian Barnevern, said the Minister's next-in-command. He should not feel that. One can just close one's ears at the non-objective criticism. He does not need to listen to it. But the objective criticism of Barnevernet, that really ought to give him a pain."
    The realities of persecuted families in Norway does not interest Mr Gilje. He is only concerned to deny that any religious persecution of Christians takes place in Norway, not in the way Barnevernet harms children and parents:
" – Jeg tror det er flere barn som får en kristen oppdragelse i fosterhjem enn motsatt, fordi mange kristne er fosterforeldre. Det betyr ikke at det ikke er gjort feil i denne saken, men en del av reaksjonene har vært uheldige, sa Gilje ifølge Sambåndet."
( – I think there are more children receiving a Christian upbringing in foster homes than the opposite, because many Christians are foster parents. That does not mean that mistakes have not been made in this case, but some of the reactions have been unfortunate, said Gilje, according to Samlebåndet.)
Kristenfolk som tjener på barnevern (Christian people who make money out of Barnevern.)
    The 'mistakes' are apparently bagatelles? In fact, Tarjei Gilje sounds rather like Norwegian ambassadors around the world when they are interviewed about Barnevernet.

The article in Evangelical Focus has a comments section and the article ought to be commented, properly critically and analytically. But it is almost too big a job for anyone. Evangelical Focus does not seem to have done any background work but only repeats what mainstream media says. Most of what is expressed needs to be put right on the basis of what Barnevernet's victims in Norway know. One simply has to bypass the mainstream media. They are into self-serving propaganda, not enlightning information. Cf The hidden news from Cologne.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:00 pm 
Superposter

The Bodnariu family visits a church in Bucharest, they thank everyone who has supported them, and say they still need prayers for their fight is not over yet.

Marius si Ruth Bodnariu cu copiii la Biserica Filadelfia
agnus dei – english + romanian blog, 25 July 2016

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:07 am 
Superposter

The Bodnariu parents have been pressured into silence to the media

As expected: Norwegian authorities are extremely concerned about their 'child protection' conduct being kept quiet. And this has been imposed on the Bodnariu parents as a condition of the municipality accepting the agreement about the children being returned:

An interviewer from an Australian television team going to Norway to make a program:
"I asked Marius if I could meet him at home and film the happy homecoming. Very apologetically he explained that the children were returned with a few conditions attached. One of which was not to talk to the media."
Could we all be accused of bad parenting?

(The Australian program: Australian tv program about Norwegian Barnevern)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:32 am 
Superposter

The youngest child of the Bodnariu couple, Ezekiel, is one year old:

Happy 1st birthday Ezekiel Levy!
agnus dei – english + romanian blog, 6 August 2016

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:47 am 
Superposter

The Bodnariu case has been written about in Hungarian also:

Állítsuk meg a családok szétszakítását! (Stop destroying families!)
csaladhalo.hu, 11 March 2016

"Csaladhalo" means "family network".

Norvégia felett beborult az ég (Cloudy skies over Norway)
Krónika online, 14 February 2016

Google translation gives fair insight into what the articles say.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:32 pm 
Superposter

Foreldre fra Naustdal tiltalt for voldsbruk (Parents from Naustdal indicted for use of violence)
Naustdal/Oslo (NTB-Linus Røvik Hauge): Begge foreldrene i en norsk-rumensk fembarnsfamilie fra Naustdal kommune i Sogn og Fjordane er tiltalt for voldsbruk mot barna sine.
(Both parents in a Norwegian-Romanian family with five children from Naustdal municipality in Sogn og Fjordane county have been indicted for use of violence against their children.)
Adresseavisen – NTB, 10 August 2016

"– Det er tatt ut tiltale mot min klient for oppdragervold. Hun har erkjent delvis straffskyld og har hele veien erkjent å ha gitt barna lette klaps i oppdragelsen, sier morens forsvarer, advokat Ingrid Breistein, til NTB.
    Hun sier saken har vært en stor påkjenning for hele familien, og at de håpet saken kunne vært løst som en såkalt tilståelsessak som går uten vitneførsel, men hvor det kun skal avgjøres eventuell straffutmåling.
    – De håpet å få ro og at saken kunne vært løst på en enklere måte, for eksempel som en tilståelsessak uten full hovedforhandling, sier Breistein."

( – My client has been charged with use of child-raising violence. She has admitted liability in part and has all along confirmed that she has given the children light slaps in raising them, says the mother's defence counsel, lawyer Ingrid Breistein, to NTB [the national news bureau].
    She says that the case has been a great strain for the whole family, and that they hoped the case could have been solved as a so-called confession case which is run without witnesses, where the only question to be settled is a possible sentence.
    – They had hoped to get peace and that the case could have been settled in an easier way, for example as a confession case without full court procedure, says Breistein.)

The NTB article is in several newspapers, e.g.

Foreldre fra Naustdal tiltalt for voldsbruk (Parents from Naustdal indicted for use of violence)
Framtid i Nord, 10 August 2016

Foreldre fra Naustdal tiltalt for voldsbruk
Sunnmørsposten, 10 August 2016

Foreldre tiltalt for voldsbruk i barnevernssak fra Naustdal
Dagen, 10 August 2016

The local paper near Naustdal, Firda, has a very short article:

Statsadvokaten har tatt ut tiltale (The district attorney his pressing charges)
Firda, 10 August 2016

Several papers have articles with pictures from the demonstrations and some recapitulation of them:

Tar ut tiltale etter barnevernsaken i Sogn og Fjordane (Pressing charges after the Barnevern case in Sogn og Fjordane)
VG, 10 August 2016

Norsk-rumensk foreldrepar tiltalt for oppdragervold (Norwegian-Romanian parents charged with violence in child-raising)
Dagbladet, 10 August 2016

- Mor håpte på tilståingssak ( – Mother had hoped for a confession case)
Bergens Tidende, 10 August 2016

Far og mor tiltalt for oppdragarvald i barnevernssaka i Naustdal (Father and mother charged with violence in child-raising in the child protection case in Naustdal)
NRK Sogn og Fjordane, 10 August 2016

The newspaper Vårt Land (with a virtuously state-servile Christian profile) is again pursuing their main interests, defence of Barnevernet, condemnation of criticism, rejection of the case, which was central in the demonstrations and protests, having anything to do with persecution of Christianity:

Fikk barna tilbake – tiltalt for "oppdragervold" (Got the children back – charged with "child-raising violence")
Vårt Land, 10 August 2016

The article above was written by the paper's journalist Erlend Friestad, who has also produced several of the earlier Barnevern-friendly articles.
    At the bottom of the article the paper advertises that it also contains a comment with an enlightening title:

KOMMENTAR: Demonstrantene tror de hjelper innvandrerbarn ved å advare mot barnevernet. De kunne ikke tatt mer feil, skriver Trygve W. Jordheim (The demonstrators believe they help immigrant children by warning against Barnevernet. They couldn't bew more wrong, Trygve W. Jordheim writes.)

This article, then, has been written by another Vårt Land journalist, Trygve W. Jordheim, who is equally much of a defender of Bernevernet, but the article can only be read if one is someone who "appreciates good journalism" and therefore subscribes. (It seems to mean that by clicking in, you have shown that you appreciate the journalism of Vårt Land. Other interpretations would seem possible, I should say!)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:22 am 
Superposter

The Bodnariu family, parents and children, are abroad – apparently in Romania at the moment.

If the parents do not voluntarily come back for the criminal case, Norway will probably try to extradite them. But by good fortune: With all the publicity the case has received, most of all in Romania, there is hope that Romania will refuse to hand them over.

Whether the parents intend to return for the criminal case or not, they should register the children OUT from the Norwegian census register, at once, and place them with relatives if they themselves return to Norway for the criminal case. Oh yes, it will be a burden on the children that the parents would then have to be absent for a while, but at least they would be with the extended family, not with fostering strangers who plant ideology in them and try to make them take exception to their parents. – But certainly, after the terrible ordeal the children have been through, they need the parents to be with them all the time, so this points towards the parents staying abroad too. Here in Norway it would not be at all certain that they might not be jailed. And if so, all the Norwegian fools who naïvely believe everything Barnevernet does and says, will of course take a severe sentence to be proof thats the parents have ill-treated the children seriously.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:12 pm 
Superposter

Meiner borna vart utsett for vald over fem år (Believe the children were subject to violence over five years)
"Foreldreparet som er tiltalt for oppdragarvald i barnevernssaka i Naustdal risikerer fengsel i seks år."
(The parents who are charged with violence in child-raising in the child protection case in Naustdal risk 6 years of prison)
NRK Sogn og Fjordane, 11 August 2016

Both Bodnariu parents are charged according to the same paragraphs, which open for imprisonment up to 6 years.

There is also this:

"I tiltalen blir det også varsla erstatningskrav frå bistandsadvokaten til borna."
(The charge also states that there will be a demand for compensation from the children's assisting lawyer.)
    This means that the lawyer who has been appointed by the authorities to represent the children will on their behalf demand monetary compensation from the parents.

There are signs, then, that the case against the parents will be conducted with some harshness.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:38 pm 
Superposter

We heard some months ago that the Romanian leader of a kindergarten in Norway, George Alexander, was writing a book.

Now it seems to be published, in Romanian. Let us hope there will be both an English and a Norwegian translation!

It is called

Copiii noștri în închisorile lor!
– furați de Barnevernet

which seems to mean "Our children in their prisons – stolen by Barnevernet".

Text and picture
George Alexander on facebook, 11 August 2016

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:36 am 
Superposter

Ruth and Marius and their children have decided not to return to Norway, but to settle in Romania. Very wise decision!
    They have written a letter to Naustdal municipality about this and the reasons for it, among other things about the way Barnevernet has continued to harass them and not give them peace in their family life. The children wanted very much not to return to Norway.

This article includes the letter to the municipality:
Naustdalfamilien flytter (The Naustdal family moving)
Norge IDAG, 12 August 2016

Naustdals-foreldra flyttar frå barnevernet (The Naustdal parents moving from Barnevernet)
Det norskrumenske foreldreparet i Naustdal, som er tiltalte for vald mot barna sine, flyttar frå det norske barnevernet. Familien er no i Romania og kjem ikkje tilbake til Norge.
(The Norwegian-Romanian parents in Naustdal, who are charged with violence against their children, are moving from the Norwegian Barnevernet. The family is now in Romania and are not coming back to Norway.)
NRK Sogn og fjordane, 12 August 2016

Comunicat oficial: Familia Bodnariu s-a decis să se stabilească în România!
Newsnet Crestin, 13 august 2016

(Google translate gives quite a good idea of this letter, which Ruth and Marius have written.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:23 pm 
Rang: Storbruker

The Bodnario-parents are back in control. The autonomy of the family has been reestablished. The children have seen their parents helpless and degraded, but now they witness their parents back in charge. Regarding the trauma that has been afflicted upon the children, this fact itself probably has considerable healing power.

When everything ends well, we also say that everything is good.

Children can experience serious trauma. But when mum and dad don't let them down and get them through in the end, they can also somehow endure much of it.

The Bodnario parents have done absolutely everything for their children. In the end, they led them to safe ground. Even if they are prosecuted in Norway, the chapter concerning the children is closed. We can only congratulate them!

Then we are reminded of all those who lost against an overwhelming power, and had their families dissolved by the authorities. Many of them have toiled the problems of life, as we all do. And many of them have not been perfect parents, as none of us are. Never the less, according to statistics, very few of them have truly endangered or neglected their children. And not least: We know from research that many of these children were not better off after their care was taken over by the government.

The Bodnario-family's story has revealed the truth about the children's welfare. Many Norwegians are regrettably unaware or indifferent about what is going on. As I was myself until I got face to face with the system. I still hope that this case can be an eye-opener to many, and that more people will engage in the struggle for radical change.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:15 am 
Superposter

Jan Simonsen:
Mediehetsen av Bodnariu-familien (The media's smear-campaign of the Bodnariu family)
Frie Ytringer, Jan Simonsens blog, 14 August 2016

"Avisredaksjonene vet utmerket godt hvordan overskrifter tolkes. Når Dagen eksempelvis skriver at «voldstiltalt foreldrepar har flyttet fra Norge» vet avisens redaksjon utmerket godt at den insinuerer at foreldrene har begått alvorlig vold mot barn, ikke bare forsiktig «oppdragervold», og at de flykter fra Norge for å slippe straff. Det hjelper lite at det står i artikkelen at foreldrene forteller at de ikke har til hensikt å unndra seg straff, og vil reise tilbake til Norge for å være tilstede under rettssaken. Det er heller ingen unnskyldning for avisen at de har faktisk belegg i den juridiske betegnelsen «oppdragervold» som benyttes i saker mot foreldre som har gitt barna ris. Avisene vet utmerket godt hvordan deres budskap leses og oppfattes."
(The editorial offices of the newspapers know perfectly well how headlines are interpreted. When, for example, Dagen writes that "a parental couple charged with violence have moved from Norway", they are fully conscious that they are insinuating that the parents have committed grave violence against children, not just cautious "force in child-raising", and that the couple are fleeing Norway in order to escape punishment. It is of scant help that the article relates that the parents actually say that they do not intend to avoid punishment and will go back to Norway to be present at their trial. Nor is it any excuse for the newspaper that their use of terms is actually taken from the legal term "violence in child-raising", which is employed in cases against parents who have spanked their children. The newspapers know perfectly well how their message is read and understood.)

Sannheten er at denne norsk-rumenske familien flytter, helt lovlig, med sine barn til Romania for å komme vekk fra det norske barnevernets klør. For å få beholde deres barn måtte de godta «hjelp» fra det lokale barnevernet, helt uten fornuftig grunn, for den eneste beskyldningen rettet mot familien var at de hadde gitt barna klaps på baken og hold dem litt ørene, rent fysisk. Det måtte jo ha vært mer enn godt nok at de lovet å slutte med denne praksisen, som for øvrig brukes i nesten hele Europa og resten av verden, men altså er forbudt i Norge."
(The truth is that this Norwegian-Romanian family is moving with their children, with a perfect legal right to do so, to Romania in order to get away from the Norwegian Barnevernet's clutches. In order to keep their children, they had to accept "help" from the local child protection unit, without any sensible reason at all, because the only charge against the family was that they had smacked their children on the bottom and held their ears sometimes, physically. It would have been more than good enough to have them promise to cease this practice, which, by the way, is in use in most of Europe and the rest of the world, although in fact forbidden in Norway.)

Jan Simonsen:
Barnevernet overser barnas ve og vel ( Barnevernet disregards the children's welfare and well-being)
Frie Ytringer, Jan Simonsens blog, 15 August 2016

Simonsen refers the letter which the parents Bodnariu have written to Naustdal municipality, in which they describe the actions of Barnevernet after the return of the children to them – a way of acting which has caused the family decide to settle in Romania and not return to Norway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:50 am 
Rang: Storbruker

This case shows the insanity of the norwegian system. This is how it goes when society runs a social experiment where reality at any cost must resemble ideas in a book at a teaching institution for social workers.

In the end, hundreds of families flee from Norway every year.

The blindness of the CPS keeps them from seeing that they are destroying instead of healing. And bureaucratic loyalty is so waterproof that nobody will go against anybody in this taxpaid network.

By all means: Awareness against violence is good! But violence has many faces, and we choose ourselves how we define it. Some would probably say that significant violence occurs when children see their parents humiliated and degraded, when children are forcibly taken from parents maybe even without a warning, or when families due to threats and restrictions find their everyday lives so compromised that they seek refuge abroad.

When anti-violence turns into institutionalized fundamentalism, we also end up with parts of the public sector being far more violent and devastating than the so-called violence it was meant to target.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:27 am 
Superposter

There have been some developments in Naustdal, and some articles, which are of some interest to the Bodnariu case, although they primarily concern another Naustdal case: that of Mr Mortensbakke's function as a visiting home for two small children, his relatives, whose mother died.

Cf the postings in the thread Only 'yes' people accepted as visiting homes by Naustdal:
Barnevernet and the municipality take revenge
Two postings by mater familias (have to be google-translated)
Want quiet around Barnevernet
Jan Simonsen: Criticised Barnevernet, was no longer allowed to be visiting home
Naustdal's bureaucrat must at long last look into an "individual case" ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:07 am 
Superposter

Ruth L. Hafstad:
'The Naustdal family' must be left in peace
MHS' home page, 13 October 2016

Article by a great-aunt of the children, Ruth Bodnariu's aunt.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next