It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm

Post subject: Stjålne barn; konsekvenser
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:56 am 
Rang: Storbruker

http://www.creativespirits.info/aborigi ... z2spc9iAtr

Veldig trist og samtidig mange paralleller..

Sitater:

The fear I carry and the aversion I feel towards governmental departments is due entirely to inter-generational trauma. My mother carries this fear, my grandmother carried this fear, my great-grandmother carried this fear.
—Kelly Briggs, Aboriginal mother [31]

I know families who, if they see a stranger walk in their front yard, all run to the back of the house--grandmother, mother, son and grandson.

—Kim Hill, CEO Northern Land Council and former ATSIC Commissioner [9

Digression: Effects of removal on children’s brains

The excellent book The Brain That Changes Itself explains what happens to a child which has been removed from their mother [14].

“For children to know and regulate their emotions, and be socially connected, they need to experience [various kinds of emotional] interaction many hundreds of times in the critical period [of brain development] and then to have it reinforced later in life.”

If a child is removed before or shortly after the critical period is completed other people need to take on the role of the mother. Stolen children rarely had others helping them to soothe themselves. They had to learn to “autoregulate” themselves by “turning off their emotions”, a devastating blow to creating lasting relationships.

Children who grow up without their caring mothers, in institutions where one nurse is responsible for a group of infants, “stop developing intellectually, are unable to control their emotions, and instead rock endlessly back and forth, or make strange hand movements. They also enter ‘turned-off’ states and are indifferent to the world, unresponsive to people who try to hold and comfort them. In photographs these infants have a haunting, faraway look in their eyes.” Compare this statement to the old newspaper photograph here. These children have given up all hope of finding their parents again.

Children suffering from early trauma release a stress hormone that kills cells in the hippocampus of the brain. This makes learning and long-term memory difficult and predisposes them to stress-related illnesses for the rest of their lives. “Trauma in infancy appears to lead to a supersensitisation” which can last into adulthood."

Read more: http://www.creativespirits.info/aborigi ... z2tTu8Swfm