It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

Post subject: Letter: Mother/grandmother to County Governor and Minister
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:42 pm 
Superposter

Letter from a mother and grandmother to Magnhild Meltveit Kleppa, County Governor of Rogaland

The end of July, 2017

Dear Magnhild Meltveit Kleppa,

My name is Svetlana Petrovna Lipich, I am a Ukrainian citizen, lawyer and former judge of the Ukrainian judiciary. I ask you, as a county governor in Rogaland, to stop what I consider to be the a lawless attack on the Storstrand family from the Child Welfare Services of Norway (Barnevernet).

My daughter Darya is married to Lars Storstrand. They have two children together: Jeva Gabrielle, born in 2009 and Kira Ingebjørg, born in 2011. The family lives at Norheim in Karmsund.

It all began when Jeva Gabrielle's teacher (klasseforstander) sent an alert to the CWS, after first having interrogated her, using suggestive questioning. I perceive this teacher as a Russophobe. Ever since Jeva started in second grade, at Norheim Skole there has been a torrent of totally unreasonable criticism from her side – and it is clear to me that she does not like my daughter’s primary nationality and Jeva's secondary nationality. Jeva has repeatedly told her family how other children have called her "foreigner" (even though she was born in Norway) - but the teacher rejects this as "not bullying". The teacher has even demanded to my daughter that she ought not speak Russian with her children at home. Is this possible in a democracy?

Jeva hardly speaks Russian, even. She thinks in Norwegian, not Russian, while thinking in Russian is necessary when speaking Russian. This is evident when she tries to speak the language. The result is that I, for one, do not understand what she means. That said, is it really bad that a person speaks more than one language?

The teacher has also made complaints about the food Jeva brings to school. It is a matter of bread, bought in a Norwegian store, and this should be forbidden to eat? Is this serious enough that one needs to send a letter of concern to the CWS? If something is considered forbidden to eat - should one rather do something to remove these products from the Supermarket shelves? In my view all this testifies to the teacher's negative attitude towards Russians and their children.

The teacher has even discussed with Jeva her relationship to her mother. When she found out that mom at times raises her voice when the children are disobedient - she sent the letter of concern.

On May 15, 2017, the CWS concluded that my daughter is a socially dangerous being, and demanded, without legal pursuant, that she should immediately move out of the house. Since then she has lived with others, without life support from NAV – which argues that she cannot have this since her husband has not demanded a trial separation. Is this a normal attitude towards a family? We Russians raise our voices. We are emotional. That's actually all you need to know. Why not cooperate with the family, rather than driving the mother from home? The family’s physician has bore witness that there is no reason to suspect any abuse or violence. The children are healthy and well balanced, and not any different from other Norwegian children.

In something that may look like an attempt to find compromising evidence, the children were taken to «Barnas Hus» in Stavanger to be interrogated. Without warning they were picked up early in the morning, without a chance to get dressed nicely, or to have time to sit still and have a decent breakfast. Five hours of this day were used for interrogation, in an effort to identify something, anything, negative that could be used against my daughter. What should a scared child say? Children get scared. Maybe they even think that they are in danger of being imprisoned. I am a lawyer myself and I know a little about the correct wording of questions for an interrogation, which I cannot see has taken place here. After these interrogations, the children were clearly stressed. It is traumatic. Is this normal Norwegian policy? How about protecting children's interests?

Why is my daughter being treated like a dangerous criminal? Anders Behring Breivik is not even treated like this. And he murdered 77 young people.

My daughter is now able to meet her children twice a week. At first the meetings were of twice one hour and now twice two hours. Recently she came ten minutes early because she needed to go to the restroom - which was adversely reported by the CWS reprentative. None of the circumstances were taken into account.

To me this seems like tactics like those of Gestapo. I presume you know what Gestapo was.

Is it necessary to use such methods to "protect" children and families? No, the children need their biological family - this is the best for the children, as also the child- and equality secretary Solveig Horne has stated.

Of course, there exist serious cases of child abuse, but individual cases must be treated individually. It seems to me that the employees in the CWS at Karmøy have a rather low level of education and competence. They focus exclusively on the negative - and fetch the children from the family without taking into account that their conduct has been what I consider to be bullying of both parents and children.

The case with the mass murderer Breivik (see above) is known all over the world.

I'm sure you're going to find out everything without breaking the family and the kids down mentally. Neither I nor the family mind that someone supports and helps the family if it is necessary to correct something, but it should be done in a friendly manner - without the people involved having to be humiliated. My daughter is morally crushed and treated with as little respect as a door mat. I had never imagined that this was possible in a beautiful country like Norway.

Earlier this summer, in Odessa, Ukraine, where I live, Ukrainian citizens saved the life of a Norwegian youngster who almost drowned due to an epileptic seizure. Those who saved him, risked their lives to save him. But what does the CWS do to my daughter (and secondarily to my grandchildren)? The truth is that they drown them.

Sincerely,
Svetlana Petrovna Lipich,
Odessa,
Ukraine

Post subject: Re: Letter: Mother/grandmother to County Governor and Minist
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:42 am 
Superposter

Letter to Minister Solveig Horne, the Ministry of Children and Equality

The end of July, 2017

Dear Solveig Horne!

I am the grandmother of two charming girls and I live in Odessa, Ukraine.
We are a decent family, each an everyone has a higher education, we all have normal mental health, good people. My oldest grandson has just finished his studies in Economy in Bergen. My daughter graduated from the University of Odessa and is an educated psychologist.

My daughter, Darya Lipich, married Norwegian Citizen, Lars Storstrand. They have two children, Jeva, born in 2009, and Kira born 2011. The family lives in the municipality of Karmøy.

On May 15, 2017, the tragedy occurred. At the request of Jeva's class teacher, the Child Welfare Services decided to expel my daughter from her home. In Norway, she has no one, and she has been living with strangers for two months. She has no money and receives no support from the Welfare Office because "she is not separated from her husband."

The children are allowed to meet her twice a week. She can barely go home to change clothes and pick up things and is treated like a dangerous criminal.

The reason for this nightmare is that her eldest daughter Jeva is supposed to have told the teacher that her mother has screamed at her.

There is no evidence of child abuse. This is confirmed by the family’s physician. The children are healthy and develop normally. They love their mother and desire to be with her.

What then is the reason for this decision? I had a family and suddenly everything collapsed. The children are being separated from their mother and her husband. I can only assume that the reason is my daughter’s nationality. She is Russian.

I agree that the cultural differences and other life views may be one of the reasons why Child Welfare Services are so keenly aware of mixed families. However, different people have different approaches to child welfare. In Russian culture, the approach is stricter, which should be taken into account when working with these families - to help them, rather than destroying the family.

To me it is clear that employees in the Child Welfare, especially in small municipalities, lack the knowledge and skills to work with people with different cultures and help them. They seem very hostile.

I know what is best for children - to grow up in their biological family. This is indisputable, nothing can replace the mother-child relationship.

I have read a lot about the justice system in Norway. Anonymous reports merely work towards negativity and have been compared to the Nazi Gestapo. If mom is thrown into the street, must she even live like a wild dog?

I have friends and relatives living in Europe, they are shocked by the child welfare system campaign against my daughter's family.

I beg you, help me! Let the kids get their mother back. Let psychologists collaborate with the parents to help overcome different understandings about how to raise a child, without the mother being thrown out of the house. This is nothing but barbarism.

I hope common sense will prevail. My daughter has not committed any crime. It is wrong to treat people who have a different understanding of the realities of life this way.

Sincerely

Svetlana Petrovna Lipich
Attorney (former judge of the Ukrainian judiciary)

Post subject: Re: Letter: mother/grandmother to County Governor and Minist
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:17 am 
Superposter

Svetlana Petrovna Lipich's son-in-law received a kind of answer from the Ministry of Children and Equality on 14 September 2017, and has sent them this reply:

Thank you for your uninformative attempt at a reply.

The original letter was published as an open letter from my mother-in-law, Svetlana Petrovna Lipich, to Secretary of Children and Equality, Solveig Horne. The letter was published both on the Forum Rescue Our Children and on several groups/pages on Facebook.

Therefore, trying to hide behind "exempt from publicity" does not hold water.

This (the letter from Mrs. Lipich) is NOT a public complaint, as claimed in your letter, but an open letter from an outsider, a private person - and requires as such, a public reply. As for me, I'm just a mediator in this case.

My mother in law expects an open answer - since an open letter actually means a public letter. If Solveig Horne in any way expects to be taken seriously in cases like these, SHE WILL HAVE TO ANSWER PERSONALLY.

Any response from someone else is neither legal nor respectful.

The reply must also be published PUBLICLY.

When the state’s representatives lie and play dirty games, they can not expect to be taken seriously. They ought to act as they should – and follow the rules of the game.

Sincerely,
Lars-Toralf Storstrand

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:59 pm 
Rang: Storbruker

This family just can not believe that the CPS will target a family that both has resources and is essentially well-functioning. They try to address politicians with reasoning, and think that common sense will settle the matter.

I understand them all too well.

But this is not about letting common sense win. The CPS may most frequently hit families with few resources, but they are quite liable to attack any family. The CPS always catches families off guard, because their actions are so absurd. The CPS always has the advantage of surprise. No one in Norwegian society believes in the existence of such madness until they get targeted themselves.

In this case it seems they have forced the mother out of the home. In our case it was me – the father – who was ousted. The next step would be to start bullying my wife and children. But thank God we did not respond according to the CPS attempt to push us into a dogfight and a court process over the custody of the children, the way the CPS wanted. The CPS loves such court-cases, because it places the losing parent without rights when the CPS later takes the case to the County Board. The remaining parent is an easy match for the CPS.

For me personally it was not appropriate to sue for custody against my own wife, after being forced to separation by the ultimatum of the CPS. So I became an annoying element that the CPS had to keep dealing with, although I was living in a small flat at the time. The CPS also tried to fool me into taking legal steps against my wife.

I want to add that the lawyers we had at the time, both of whom have made a living out of CPS-cases, assisted in the attempt to lead us into the CPS-trap: To get me out of the picture so that they could run over my wife and children with no difficulty.

The CPS practices a divide and rule tactic, and they know the game very well. In a marriage, and especially a mixed one, they will try to fuel potential conflicts and tear the family to pieces. First they will try to get rid of the most "bothersome" parent. Then the remaining parent, whom the CPS will "try to help", will be an easy prey.

When the CPS steps into the family we are at first shocked. Then we believe that the whole thing must be a major misunderstanding. Then we think that at least appealing to the responsible authorities will solve the case. When we have banged our heads against the wall enough times, we understand that the attack is no misunderstanding and that absolutely no one in the system will assist us as we try to clear it up. Neither the mandated expert, who was expected by some of us – ridiculously naïvely – to have the appointed task of finding a kind of objective truth of the whole matter, nor the County Governor, the mayor of the county, the head of the municipal administration, the County Board, the Ministry concerned with the affairs of children, or whoever it may be in this system.

If 95% of the child-takeovers are done for a solid reason, being unavoidable and indeed necessary, I would say we have a well run CPS.

But people who have studied how the CPS works, and who are aware of statistics and research in this field, know that most of the takeovers are not necessary, and even make things go from bad to worse for the child.

This clearly confirms the CPS as a living and ongoing scandal that no responsible authority is planning to eliminate so far.

This poor family with branches in the Ukraine, has seen and felt this scandal close up, and to begin with they believe that someone must or will put matters right.

They are wrong. Absolutely no one will help them. There will be no apologizing or reparation, at least not until the children are grown up and can apply for compensation for ruined lives.

Their only option is to try to get away, when and if at all possible.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:04 am 
Rang: Storbruker

By the way - I have also sent letters to Horne. I presume that the department she is leading has received piles and piles of letters from frustrated and broken families and parents. What has our minister done? She has fortified the CPS, made it stronger and more invading than ever before. Some people excuse her and say she is in the hands of Norways "deep state", the bureaucracy, and therefore unwillingly makes bad even worse every time she touches the CPS or the laws regulating their activities.

I do not excuse her, be it negligence, stupidity or weakness. But the way things are there is really no hope in any of the other politicians who might be in the row to take over her position.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:26 am 
Superposter

The family have succeeded in getting out of the country before the cps has brought a case for taking the children into care to the County Committee (County Board) and have – very important thing to do! – registered the children out of the Norwegian Census Register (folkeregisteret). So the children are now safe!