It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 pm

Post subject: New case about Indian child, Aryan, taken
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:46 pm 
Superposter

New case about Indian child, Aryan, taken

The Indian foreign minister is already engaged in the case.
On the video we see both Suranya Aiyar, who has done extraordinarily much good work against Norwegian and other Western child protection (just search with her name on this forum and on my home page), and Sagarika Chakraborti, the mother in the infamous case India/Stavanger.

Indiske myndigheter: – Vil representere indisk mor i norsk barnevernssak (Indian authorities: – Will represent Indian mother in Norwegian child protection case)
Den indiske utenriksministeren sier myndighetene har fått forespørsel om hjelp fra mor som har blitt fratatt sin sønn (5) i Norge etter mistanke om fysisk mishandling. (The Indian foreign minister says the authorities have received a request for help from a mother whose son (5) has been taken in Norway on suspicion of physical abuse.)
abc nyheter, 23 December 2016

"Indias utenriksminister Sushma Swaraj bekrefter på Twitter at myndighetene vil representere en indisk mor i en barnevernssak i Norge."
(India's foreign minister Sushma Swaraj confirms on Twitter that the authorities will represent an Indian mother in a child protection case in Norway.)

"Nok en gang involverer andre lands myndigheter seg i en norsk barnevernssak. Denne gangen dreier saken seg om en fem år gammel gutt ble hentet av barnevernet i barnehagen fordi foreldrene mistenkes for barnemishandling, skriver Hindustantimes.com."
(Once again the authorities of other countries are involving themselves in a Norwegian child protection case. This time the case is about a five year old boy who was fetched by the CPS in the kindergarten because the parents are suspected of child abuse, Hindustantimes.com writes.)

"Dette er den tredje barnevernssaken i løpet av fem år der indiske familier har vært involvert, som indiske myndigheter har engasjert seg i, skriver avisa."
(This is the third child protection case in the course of five years in which Indian families have been involved and Indian authorities have been engaged in, the newspaper writes.)

INDIA@9 WITH ARUNODAY MUKHARJI, 23 December 2016
News 18.com, 23 December 2016
(TV - video)

Suranya and Sagarika and others are interviewed from about 07:00.
   Indian TV has also included Reidar Hjermann to be interviewed, the psychologist and former children's ombudsman who tried to fool people into believing that Sagarika was abnormal in her relationship to her children and that her son was suffering from an "attachment disorder". Here in this interview he tries in every way to twist, deny, say that things are quite different; he says that he himself has criticised the CPS a lot and that the CPS never takes a child away except as a last resort!

Post subject: Re: New case about Indian child, Aryan, taken
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:49 am 
Superposter

This program on youtube is a different one, clearer and calmer than the first one I have linked to above. It comes from CNN-News 18, much is different from the other.

WATCH: Norway Snatches Son From Indian Couple; MEA Steps In
CNN-News 18, 23 December

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:58 am 
Superposter

`SENSITIVE ISSUE' - Norway calls for India's restraint in custody row
The Times of India (Delhi), 24 December 2016

Norway trots out its "arguments" about sensitivity and confidentiality. And the embassy (the Norwegian one in Delhi, it seems, not the Indian one in Oslo), advises "restraint".

It is very good that both the child's and the family's name are made public. It is necessary to do away with the confidentiality.

And here we have, again, all the "information" which Norwegian embassies always dish out to foreign lands, after which they expect the foreigners not only to have absorbed what the system is like, but to accept it humbly, as wonderful and in the best interest of every child:

All You Need to Know About Child Protection Laws in Norway
Asia News , 23 December 2016 

It really boils down to: "We here in Norway have our laws, and they comprise our doing whatever we like with your children. You are impertinent, and ignorant of children's best interest, if you protest."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:45 am 
Superposter

NTB (the official news agency) has an article which has been taken up in several newspapers:

Indias utenriksminister raser mot norsk barnevern (India's minister of foreign affairs is furious with Norwegian Child Protection)
En gutt med indiske foreldre ble hentet av barnevernet i desember. Nå krever utenriksministeren at femåringen blir levert tilbake til familien sin.
(A boy with Indian parents was taken by Barnevernet in December. Now the minister of foreign affairs demands that the five-year-old is given back to his family.)
VG, 27 December 2016

India vil ha fosterbarn i Norge tilbake (India wants foster child in Norway back)
New Delhi (NTB-AFP): Indias utenriksminister krever at norske myndigheter sender en femåring tilbake til sine indiske foreldre etter at barnevernet i Norge har tatt hånd om gutten.
(India's minister of foreign affairs demands that Norwegian authorities send a five-year-old back to his Indian parents after Barnevernet in Norway has taken care of the boy.)
Folkebladet, 27 December 2016

India vil ha fosterbarn i Noreg tilbake
Indias utanriksminister krev at norske styresmakter sender ein femåring tilbake til dei indiske foreldra etter at barnevernet i Noreg har tatt hand om guten.
Fjordabladet, 27 December 2016

Indias utenriksminister raser mot Norge (India's minister for foreign affairs is furious with Norway)
Dagens Næringsliv, 27 December 2016

Indias utenriksminister raser mot Norge
Dagen, 27 December 2016

Indias utenriksminister raser mot norske myndigheter etter at barnevernet i Norge tok hånd om en fem år gammel gutt med indisk mor.
   Indias ambassadør til Norge hadde tirsdag et møte med norske myndigheter om saken, bekrefter kommunikasjonsrådgiver Anne Charlotte Fischer i Barne-, ungdoms- og familiedirektoratet overfor NTB.
   Utenriksminister Sushma Swaraj krever at femåringen blir sendt tilbake til sine biologiske foreldre.

(India's minister for foreign affairs is furious with Norwegian authorities after Barnevernet in Norway took care of a five-year-old boy with an Indian mother.
   India's ambassador in Norway had a meeting on Tuesday with Norwegian authorities about the case; this is confirmed by communications advisor Anne Charlotte Fischer in the Norwegian Directorate for Children, Youth and Family Affairs to NTB.
   Minister for foreign affairs Sushma Swaraj demands that the five-year-old is sent back to his biological parents.)
Dagbladet, 27 December 2016

Indias utenriksminister raser mot Norge i barnevernskrangel (india's minister for foreign affairs is furious with Norway in a child protection quarrel)
Aftenposten, 27 December 2016

Rather typical of the newspaper Aftenposten – a lackey of the state in child protection matters – to refer to the issue as a "quarrel" – it makes Barnevernet's confiscation of the boy into something harmless, and tries to ridicule India.

"Den norske ambassaden i Delhi har ifølge avisa India Today bedt indiske myndigheter om å vise selvbeherskelse og forsikret om at saken blir behandlet med «absolutt sensitivitet og forståelse»."
(The Norwegian embassy in Delhi has, according to the newspaper India Today, asked Indian authorities to show self-restraint and has assured them that the case is treated with "absolute sensitivity and understanding".)

Ah – the usual sensitivity shown by Norwegian Barnevern and the Norwegian, Barnevern-trustful population?
   It sounds quite unbelievable that the Norwegian know-all embassy lectures India about "self-restraint"! It would make Norwegian society healthier if Norwegians did not show cowed "self-restraint" (read: cowardice) when children are destroyed in Barnevernet!

abc nyheter, 27 December 2016

"Indias ambassadør til Norge, Debraj Pradhan, hadde tirsdag et møte med Utenriksdepartementet om saken, bekrefter kommunikasjonsrådgiver Anne Charlotte Fischer i Barne-, ungdoms- og familiedirektoratet overfor NTB.
   Utenriksminister Sushma Swaraj krever at femåringen blir sendt tilbake til sine biologiske foreldre. Gutten ble hentet i en barnehage i Oslo av barnevernet i midten av desember. Begge foreldrene er indiske, mens sønnen har norsk statsborgerskap.
   De siste ukene har femåringen bodd på et barnehjem utenfor Oslo, ifølge indiske medier."

(India's ambassador to Norway, Debraj Pradhan, had a meeting on Tuesday with Norwegian authorities about the case; this is confirmed by communications advisor Anne Charlotte Fischer in the Norwegian Directorate for Children, Youth and Family Affairs to NTB.
   Minister for foreign affairs Sushma Swaraj demands that the five-year-old is sent back to his biological parents. The boy was fetched in a kindergarten in Oslo by the Child Protection Authority in the middle of December. Both parents are Indian, while the son has Norwegian citizenship.
   The last few weeks the five-year-old has been living in a child institution ourside of Oslo, according to Indian media.)

Several of these articles have references to the Bhattacharya case (from 2011-12) which are incorrect. There are also such incorrect statements in Indian media.
   It is correct that Norwegian authorities at last let the children come to an uncle in India. They also tried to force the children's mother, Sagarika Chakraborti, to sign away every right to go to Indian courts, but did not manage to force this through. Sagarika went to court in India, and got her children back. Her husband had by then stabbed her in the back (metaphorically) and joined in the claims that she had "psychic problems" and was mentally deficient and abnormal. She was very thoroughly and ably examined in India, and was found to be completely normal, in spite of the vast strains Norway had subjected her to. She takes excellent care of the children and, thank heavens, has whole-hearted support from her own family. Cf articles in English linkeds to here and here and here.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:08 pm 
Superposter

Informative comment about the case, also providing the context of what has happened previously:

Jan Simonsen:
Barnevernet skandaliserer Norge – igjen (Barnevernet is scandalising Norway – again)
Frie Ytringer, Jan Simonsens blogg, 28 December 2016

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:12 pm 
Superposter

Signature campaign by Suranya Aiyar:

Reunite the child of Anil Kumar and Gurvinderjit Kaur with his family
underskrift.no, 27 December 2016

Til: Oslo Barnevern
Norwegians and International Activists join Indians in urging Indian Government to save Indian child in Norway

We, the undersigned citizens and residents of Norway, relatives of victims in Norway and activists from around the world, are writing to express our support for your intervention in the matter of the 5-year-old only child of Anil Kumar and Gurvinderjit Kaur who has been snatched by Barnevernet in Oslo, Norway last week.
Barnevernet, the Norwegian child protection authority has for many years been wrongly taking children from loving parents in Norway.
The reasons are incompetence, overbearing officials, lack of transparency, inadequate judicial oversight, and, in cases involving cultural and religious minorities, prejudice and racism.
Some of us have ourselves been victims of Barnevernet. We have been campaigning against Norway’s cruel child protection regime for years and this year alone there have been protests every month against Barnevernet attended by hundreds in cities around Norway. Supporting protests have been held in many countries around the world, including the United States of America, Russia, Australia, Brazil, Romania, Czechia, Lithuania and India.
We appreciate India’s earlier efforts in saving Indian children from Barnevernet and highlighting the human rights abuses of Barnevernet in Norway. We urge you to spare no effort in enabling the child of Anil Kumar and Gurvinderjit Kaur to be reunited with his family in Norway or repatriated to India where he can be brought up by his extended family in the country and culture of his origin, and to which he has been used since birth. This is his right under both Norwegian law and international law.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:39 pm 
Superposter

The NTB article in Somali. I must have been noticed by the Somali community here (the google translation does not make it clear what the title of the article really is, but the source is very clear):

Wasiirka arimaha dibada Hindiya: Barneverku gacanta waalidkii dhaley haku soo celiyeen cunug Hindi ah oo ay qaateen
Norsom News, 28 December 2016

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:40 pm 
Superposter

A good article – Brinda Karat is an Indian politician:

Brinda Karat:
Great First Step By Sushma Swaraj. But More Is Needed.
NDTV, 28 December 2016

"There is an unfolding tragedy in Norway where a five-year-old Indian child has been forcibly taken away from his parents, one of whom is an Indian citizen, by Barnevernet, the Norwegian Child Protection Agency (CPA). Fortunately, this has led to a welcome, swift response from the Government of India, specifically the Minister for External Affairs, Sushma Swaraj."

"... our past experience in dealing with the officials in the CPA in Norway, on the Bhattacharya children case, which led us to believe that the Child Protection Agency in that country should be more appropriately termed the Child Snatching Agency (CSA) and referred to as such."
(... vår erfaring med å ha å gjøre med tjenestemennene i Barnevernet i Norge, i Bhattacharya-barnas sak, som brakte oss til den oppfatning at Barnevernet i det landet heller burde kalles Barnefjernet (Barne-snappings-etaten) CSA og bli omtalt som det.)

"In 2011, the Bhattacharya children were snatched away from their parents on somewhat similar grounds. We came to know of the case much after it had taken place. By that time, the relevant court in Stavanger had already ruled in favour of the snatchers, the siblings aged one and three had been separated and sent to different foster homes, and the Bhattacharyas were informed that they could not see their children till they had reached the age of 18. It took another six months of our struggle to get the children out of foster care and back to India in mid-2012. The children are now living happily in the care of their mother, a mother who the CSA had publicly defamed and declared "unfit" as a parent."

"The point is that as far as the Norwegian CSA authorities are concerned, this is business as usual. There has been absolutely no change in their approach in the last four years."

"In fact, the CSA of Norway acts as a law unto itself. Its record of child snatching, its utterly arbitrary and subjective assessments of parents, its opaque methods of functioning in the name of confidentiality and its conflict of interest in the financial sphere have been a matter of protest in Norway, in many countries such as Russia, Czechoslovakia, Turkey, whose citizens have been similarly affected. The role of the CSA in violation of human rights has been a subject matter of debate and condemnation in the European Union Parliament."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:01 pm 
Superposter

Press release and petition to the Indian Minister of External Affairs

PRESS RELEASE
December 28, 2016

OVER 100 NORWEGIAN AND INTERNATIONAL ACTIVISTS SEND LETTER OF SUPPORT TO INDIAN GOVERNMENT CONDEMNING CHILD SNATCHING IN NORWAY

Over 100 Norwegian and International Activists, including academics, lawyers, Norwegian politicians and European Parliamentarians and victims of Barnevernet, Norway’s child protection authorities have written to Indian Foreign Minister, Sushma Swaraj, supporting her intervention in the matter of the 5-year-old only child of Anil Kumar and Gurvinderjit Kaur who has been snatched by Barnevernet in Oslo, Norway on December 13, 2016.

The letter states that Barnevernet “has for many years been wrongly taking children from loving parents in Norway. The reasons are incompetence, overbearing officials, lack of transparency, inadequate judicial oversight, and, in cases involving cultural and religious minorities, prejudice and racism.”

Norwegians have been campaigning against Norway’s cruel child protection regime for years and this year alone there have been protests every month against Barnevernet attended by hundreds in cities around Norway.

Human Rights Activist and Commentator, Marius Reikeras, who led this effort from Norway, and has campaigned for justice for countless victims of Barnevernet said: “It is just wonderful to see the Indian- Norwegian cooperation, in order to stop Human Rights violations in this case, as well as in general. Thank you to everyone, who supports our battle in defeating Human Rights Crimes.”
The text of the letter to the Foreign Minister is below. The list of signatories is in the attached document.

These endorsements have been obtained via email and an online petition. More endorsements are coming on an hourly basis on http://www.underskrift.no/vis/6449.

For further information from overseas, contact Marius Reikeras Tel: 0047462165973, Email: marius@reikeras.no or other signatories whose details are listed in the letter. For further information in India contact: Suranya Aiyar, New Delhi, India suranya_aiyar@yahoo.com, 9818886808.

TEXT OF LETTER OF SUPPORT TO SUSHMA SWARAJ

28 December 2016

To,
Her Excellency, Mrs Sushma Swaraj
External Affairs Minister of India

Subject: Norwegians and International Activists join Indians in urging Indian Government to save Indian child in Norway

Dear Madam,

We, the undersigned citizens and residents of Norway, relatives of victims in Norway and activists from around the world, are writing to express our support for your intervention in the matter of the 5-year-old only child of Anil Kumar and Gurvinderjit Kaur who has been snatched by Barnevernet in Oslo, Norway last week.
   Barnevernet, the Norwegian child protection authority has for many years been wrongly taking children from loving parents in Norway.
   The reasons are incompetence, overbearing officials, lack of transparency, inadequate judicial oversight, and, in cases involving cultural and religious minorities, prejudice and racism.
   Some of us have ourselves been victims of Barnevernet. We have been campaigning against Norway’s cruel child protection regime for years and this year alone there have been protests every month against Barnevernet attended by hundreds in cities around Norway. Supporting protests have been held in many countries around the world, including the United States of America, Russia, Australia, Brazil, Romania, Czechia, Lithuania and India.
   We appreciate India’s earlier efforts in saving Indian children from Barnevernet and highlighting the human rights abuses of Barnevernet in Norway. We urge you to spare no effort in enabling the child of Anil Kumar and Gurvinderjit Kaur to be reunited with his family in Norway or repatriated to India where he can be brought up by his extended family in the country and culture of his origin, and to which he has been used since birth. This is his right under both Norwegian law and international law.

Signed
1. Marius Reikeras, Human Rights Activist and Commentator, Bergen, Norway, Tel: 0047462165973, Email: marius@reikeras.no (Available for comment)

2. Professor Marianne Haslev Skanland, Professor Emeritus, University of Bergen, Norway
Academic and Commentator on Child Rights in Norway
Website (with extensive information about Barnevernet): http://www.mhskanland.net/page10/page10.html

3. Jan Simonsen, Former Member of Norwegian Parliament, Oslo, Norway, Tel: 004741061176, Email: jan.simonsen@hotmail.com (Available for comment)

4. Tomas Zedechovsky, Member of European Parliament (MEP), Belgium, Brussels (contact through Jitka Fialova, below)

5. Jitka Fialova, Prague, Czech Republic, Tel: 00420777022156, Email: fialova@zdechovsky.eu (Available for comment)

6. & 7. Ken Joar Olsen, Asker, Norway & Vibeke Morrisey, Borgen, Norway
Parents of Baby Aria taken at birth by Norwegian authorities. Tel: 004748062884, Email: ken.j.olsen@gmail.com (Available for comment)
http://baby-aria-and-the-fight-for-justice.webnode.com/

8. Tor Age Berglid, Blasket, Norway, Tel: 004795250112, Email: taberglid@gmail.com (Available for comment)
Human Rights Activist and Commentator

FOR LIST OF REMAINING SIGNATORIES (121 AND COUNTING) SEE THE DOCUMENT ATTACHED TO THIS EMAIL.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:06 pm 
Superposter

The case is rather copiously covered abroad.

Articles about the case in newspapers in India and other countries
22 - 23 December 2016

NRI parents protest as Norway takes custody of child
The Norwegian embassy in Delhi, when contacted, said they were ascertaining the facts from the authorities in Oslo.
The Indian Express, 22 December 2016

Pastor Ciprian Barsan, 22 December 2016

NRI parents seek govt help as Norwegian authorities take custody of their child
Zee News, 22 December 2016
"[The father] told IE - “He was wearing the same clothes and undergarments in which he had gone to school a week ago. He is not receiving proper care from the child welfare department. He hugged us and cried a lot… he is our only child… why would we torture him. He is an active child, and is very fussy about eating… He likes to eat Indian food… he is being given bread and porridge, and has not been eating well. I have never even raised my voice at him, how can I beat him up? His mother spent sleepless nights taking care of him as he is an asthma patient."

Indian child's custody: Sushma contacts envoy in Norway
The New Indian Express, 22 December 2016

Norway Authorities Take Custody Of Child, Accuse NRI Parents Of Beating Him Up
The father, Anil Kumar, claimed the child was interrogated for one-and-half hours and he was shown a video.
The Huffington Post, 22 December 2016

Child taken from Indian couple in Norway, Swaraj seeks report
The Times of India, 22 December 2016

Indian parents accused of beating their child; Norway authorities take custody of 5-year-old from NRI couple
The boy's father, Anil Kumar, said that the authorities did not give them prior intimation before picking up their child.
International Business Times, 22 December 2016

Indian parents accused of beating their child; Norway authorities take custody of 5-year-old from NRI couple
Yahoo News, 22 December 2016

Norway Advocates Restraint Over Indian Child Custody
India, on the other hand, said it it is ready to intervene if a formal request is made by the mother.
The Wire, 23 December 2016

NRI couple in Norway protest after authsorities takes custody of their child
nricafe, 23 December 2016

NRI Kid Taken into Custody by Norway Officials, Sushma Swaraj Steps in
Punjab Update, 22 December 2016

Norway Child Case: Charges False, Son Wants to Return, Says NRI Mother
News18, 23 December 2016

NRI couple in Norway lose custody of child, seeks Sushma Swaraj’s help
Swaraj sought a report from Indian Ambassador in Norway on the allegations and later on informed that India will represent the case on behalf on the mother.
Narada News, 23 December 2016

NRI couple in Norway lose custody of child, seeks Sushma Swaraj's help: All you need to know
Firstpost, 23 December 2016

Indian child’s custody in Norway: Sushma Swaraj comes forward on Twitter
hindustan times, 23 December 2016

'Supermom’ Sushma Swaraj Comes To the Aid of Indian Child In Norway
Indian Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj’s personal interventions are now legion and their numbers run in tens of thousands. Here is another example of the popular Foreign Minister directing officials to assist the Indian mother to fight a legal battle for her son in Norway.
Sputnik News, 23 December 2016

Indian Child's Custody In Norway: Government To Represent Mother
Ommcom News, 23 December 2016

India takes up with norway issue of alleged child abuse faced by Indian couple
The Times of India, 23 December 2016

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:10 pm 
Superposter

Articles about the case in newspapers in India and other countries
24 - 28 December 2016

(Sushma Svaraj is the Indian Minister of Foreign Affairs.)

NRI couple in Norway lose custody of child, Sushma Steps In
Alive, 24 December 2016

NRI couple in Norway lose child's curtody: Mother writes to govt; MEA to take action
Firstpost, 25 December 2016

Norway Child Row: MEA to Take Action as Mother Writes to Govt
the quint, 25 December 2016

India to raise child custody case with Norway foreign ministry
The Times of India, 26 December 2016

Aryan, 5, Taken Away From Parents In Norway, Sushma Swaraj Protests Strongly
NDTV, 27 December 2016
"Aryan and his father are Norwegian citizens. Gurvinderjit Kaur, an Indian passport holder, has alleged that her son is not doing well without his natural parents and has also not been properly fed as he was being given porridge and bread instead of Indian food."
   "Foster parents "ignorant to Indian culture, food habits", says Ms Swaraj"

Handling child custody case as per our own law, Norway tells India
The Times of India, 27 December 2016

Norway child row: Sushma demands family reunion
Desi Life And Times, 27 December 2016

Norway child row: Sushma demands family reunion
Gulf News, 27 December 2016

Child custody row: Norway says authorities dealing with complete sensitivity and awareness
Zee News, 28 December 2016

reddit, 28 December 2016

Return kid snatched from Indian parents, Sushma Swaraj tells Oslo
The Times of India, 28 December 2016

Norway Child Issue:
Activists, European Parliamentarians Seek Sushma Swaraj's Help

ndtv, 28 December 2016
(This last article is rather typical of journalistic mind-set, which so often harms victims of cps actions. What would it take to get media people to do some decent work finding out facts, instead of putting everything victims say in quotation marks, making it seem suspect or exaggerated in readers' eyes, while what the authorities say is referred without quotation marks, as if it is necessarily god's own truth?)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:21 pm 
Superposter

An opinion on an Indian website:  

Ravi Shanker Kapoor:
Seamier side of welfare state
Hindu Chronicle, 23 December 2016

Here we find some points on which one can agree, such as the necessity of obeying the laws and rules of the society in which one lives (for example the Norwegian law forbidding any beating of children.) He does not address the question of whether it is good, or even justified, to take away from a child its parents who have spanked it, even in cases where the physical punishment has been very moderate.

But it is serious that the writer seems to believe that when a child has been taken on an accusation of child abuse, then that accusation is automatically right. I therefore posted a comment:

Marianne Haslev Skanland, Oslo
31 December ca kl 10:30

I wish things were different in my country, Mr Kapoor, but you are unfortunately off the track here. It is not a case of just obeying the laws of the land.

You seem to take it for granted that in the welfare state of Norway the official agencies (such as the child protection service – CPS) and the people they employ and engage are competent, insightful, humanitarian and truthful.
The reality is that in the West, official child protection tends to be very harmful to a lot of children as well as to their families. False accusations abound too, and the CPS gobbles them up like a godsend.

Why not start by reading something about the way they carry on:
My webpage (lots of articles by other people than myself also, and many in English):

http://www.mhskanland.net
"Forum Redd Våre Barn" (Forum Rescue Our Children), section for English speakers:
http://forum.r-b-v.net/viewforum.php?f=56
Some older information: "Welcome to BarnasRett.no (Children's rights):
http://barnasrett.no/welcome_to_barnasrett.htm

I hope such reading will make you thoughtful!

The writer is also in error – he is evidently copying misleading statements which are also found in Indian newspapers – in what he refers about the earlier case about two Indian children in Stavanger, the Bhattacharya case. I therefore posted another comment, with corrected information about this and with links to some documentation, plus to something about "attachment theory". This comment, however, seemed to frighten whoever administrates the website, so it was deleted shortly after!

Here it is:

Marianne Haslev Skanland, Oslo
31 December ca kl 10:45

I should have added something about the Bhattacharya case (the case from 2011 which you mention), a case I know quite well. It is not now correctly referred to in Indian media (and certainly not in Nowegian media). Norwegian courts did nothing to bring the children back to the parents, on the contrary. It was the mother, Sagarika Chakraborti, who very wisely got help back in India to take the case to court there, and who then got her children back from her then estranged husband's brother.
A summary up to the beginning of 2013 can be found here:

http://www.mhskanland.net/page10/page141/page141.html
The children are now being very well taken care of by their mother and her family. The daughter not so long ago had top results in school. The son has been given proper medical examination and special help with schooling in Kolkata – which he never got in Norway. The Norwegian CPS "diagnosed" his behaviour not as due to handicap but supposedly to the mother's not having "created proper attachment to him" and thereby caused him to develop an "attachment disorder" – a common quack diagnosis in Norwegian social work. Cf
"Attachment Theory Debunked ..."

https://delightintruth.com/2016/03/03/attachment-theory-debunked-by-marianne-skanland-at-oslo-protest/
"On attachment, eye contact and interaction"
http://www.mhskanland.net/page62/page286/page286.html
"A few articles about attachment ..."
http://www.mhskanland.net/page64/page315/page315.html
The paragraph on "Attachment theory and other ideas" here:
http://www.mhskanland.net/page10/page125/page125.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:55 am 
Superposter

The case has been taken up by two American websites (and is spread further to other websites too):

Norwegian CPS Continues to Destroy Families, Takes Indian Child
Delight in Truth, 23 December 2016

Norwegian CPS Continues to Destroy Families, Takes Indian Child
Wings of the Wind, Chris Reimers' blog, 31 December 2016