It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:24 pm

Post subject: Suranya Aiyar: "Save your child from Unicef" - en studie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:31 am 
Superposter

Suranya Aiyar: "Save your child from Unicef" – en studie

Denne studien er på engelsk, men jeg gjør allikevel oppmerksom på den her. Det er en avslørende analyse, ca 50 sider lang, men ikke veldig kompakt, og skriftgraden er stor. De forskjellige delene kan godt leses hver for seg.

Analysen starter med å gå inn i en del detaljer angående en undersøkelse Unicef har stått for i India, hvor Aiyar er sterkt kritisk til statistikken som er brukt (hun redegjør på en måte som er lett å forstå for ikke-statistikere). Derpå setter analysen denne undersøkelsen inn i perspektivet internasjonalt / Vestlig barnevern.

Suranya Aiyar:
Save your child from UNICEF
A study of Unicef's biased and false claims about Indian parents

(Redd ditt barn fra UNICEF. En studie av Unicef's tendensiøse og falske påstander om indiske foreldre)
August 2015

Part I:  Introduction  (Innledning)
Part II:  Basic Statistical Errors  (Grunnleggende statistiske feil)
Part III:  Physical Abuse: Bias, Exaggeration and Rigged Statistics (Fysisk mishandling: Fordommer, overdrivelse og oppkonstruert statistikk)
Part IV:  Sexual Abuse: Bias, Distortion and Rigged Statistics  (Seksuelle overgrep: Fordommer, forvrengning og oppkonstruert statistikk)
Part V:  Bias and Lies on Emotional Abuse and Girl Child Neglect  (Forut inntatt holdning og løgn om følelsesmessig mishandling og vanskjøtsel av jenter)
Part VI:  Misleading Parents and Manipulating Children  (Villeding av foreldre og manipulere barn)
Part VII:  Conclusion  (Konklusjon)

Analysens forfatter Suranya Aiyar gir en kort 'selvbiografi' på siden direkte etter tittelsiden. For dem som ikke er kjent med hennes navn fra før, kan jeg legge til at hun er meget aktiv i offentligheten om indiske sosiale og kulturelle spørsmål. Fra et norsk ståsted: Hun var den som gjorde klarest og mest effektiv innsats i Bhattacharya-saken, slik at moren Sagarika Chakraborti etter hvert fikk barna tilbake til seg i India. Jf

Suranya Aiyar:
Understanding and Responding to Child Confiscation by Social Service Agencies
9 May 2012

Petisjon til den indiske National Human Rights Commission (nasjonal kommisjon for menneskerettigheter): Indere vil at deres regjering skal beskytte mot vestlig barnevern
16 October 2012
(Første og andre innlegg i tråden – nederst i det første er det 3 lenker, til selve petisjonen + til presseannonseringen og til vedleggsmateriale. Disse 3 foreligger bare på engelsk, men de konkrete tiltakene foreslått i petisjonen er oversatt av meg her, i siste del (Tiltakene foreslått i den indiske Petisjonen kan være nyttige å gjenta her).

Signatories to the Petition to the Indian National Human Rights Commission:
The Confiscation of the Bhattacharya Children by Norwegian Authorities - A Case Study
12 October 2012

Post subject: Re: Suranya Aiyar: "Save your child from Unicef" - en studie
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:12 pm 
Superposter

Propaganda fra Redd Barna, rettet mot innvandrerfamilier

Aiyars studie av Unicefs undersøkelse, påstander og aktiviteter i India legger adskillig vekt på at Unicef har med seg en del iherdige, ikke-statlige organisasjoner i dette, særlig Redd Barna, som retter beskyldninger først og fremst mot barns egne biologiske familie, og påstår at det er i familien barn er særlig i fare. Til og med Unicef-undersøkelsens egne tall motsier dette. Statistisk sett er det helt klart biologiske foreldres hjem som gir best beskyttelse, og statistikk bygger nå engang på summen av enkelttilfeller.

Her er norske Redd Barna ute med den samme propagandaen som Unicef-undersøkelsen, og denne gangen rettet spesielt mot innvandrerfamilier. Det Suranya Aiyar advarer mot, gir skremmende ekko i denne hule propagandaen:

Hvis du ikke spør ..
Redd Barna, 16 september 2015

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:11 am 
Superposter

Sunday Guardian Live som publiseres i India (assosiert med den engelske avisen The Guardian), vil lage en serie av Suranya Aiyars studie. Det er fremdeles på engelsk, naturligvis, men jeg lenker allikevel til dem her.

Del 1:
UNICEF-style survey magnifies child abuse problem i India (UNICEF-type undersøkelse blåser opp problemet med overgrep mot barn i India)
Av Suranya Aiyar
SundayGuardianLive, 5 oktober 2015

"The Ministry of Women and Child Development’s 2007 “Study on Child Abuse” report came out with an exaggerated narrative on the phenomenon of child abuse in India. The report, even today, serves as a foundational document of the ministry. UNICEF and Save the Children were among the leading NGOs that participated in the report. The report was based on a survey that used the flawed methodology of the UNICEF and allied agencies, marked by statistical errors and an arbitrary selection of respondents. Suranya Aiyar exposes all this in “Save your child from UNICEF: A study of UNICEF’s biased and false claims about Indian parents”. Here is the first part of Aiyar’s report."
("Study on Child Abuse" (Studie av overgrep mot barn) av 2007 fra The Ministry of Women and Child Development (Departementet for utvikling for kvinner og barn) kom med en overdreven beskrivelse av fenomenet barnemishandling i India. Rapporten tjener fremdeles i dag som et grunnleggende dokument i Departementet. Unicef og Redd Barna var blant de ledende organisasjonene som deltok i rapporten. Rapporten var basert på en undersøkelse som benyttet feilaktig metodologi i Unicef og allierte etater, som utmerket seg ved statistiske feil og en uorganisert utvelgelse av intervjuede. Suranya Aiyar viser alt dette i "Save your child from UNICEF: A study of UNICEF's biased and false claims about Indian parents" (Redd ditt barn fra UNICEF. En studie av Unicef's tendensiøse og falske påstander om indiske foreldre).)

Del 2:
UNICEF demonises Indian parents with malicious stories on child abuse
Av Suranya Aiyar
SundayGuardianLive, 6 oktober 2015

"The Ministry of Women and Child Development’s 2007 “Study on Child Abuse” Report came out with an exaggerated narrative on the phenomenon of child abuse in India. The Report, even today, serves as a foundational document of the ministry. UNICEF and Save the Children were among the leading NGOs that participated in the Report. The Report was based on a survey that used the flawed methodology of the UNICEF and allied agencies, marked by statistical errors and an arbitrary selection of respondents. Suranya Aiyar exposes all this in “Save your child from UNICEF: A study of UNICEF’s biased and false claims about Indian parents”. Here is the second part of Aiyar’s Report."

Del 3:
UNICEF’s misleading report on child abuse ignores views of the juvenile
Av Suranya Aiyar
SundayGuardianLive, 8 oktober 2015

"A misleading report on child abuse in India, guided by UNICEF and Save the Children, an NGO, serves as a reference material for the Ministry of Women and Child Development, notwithstanding its many statistical errors and evident prejudice of the agencies involved. Quite ironically, whereas the report flays Indian parents for not treating their children as individuals, it uses children as mouthpiece to highlight their plight. Suranya Aiyar exposes all this in “Save your child from UNICEF: A study of UNICEF’s biased and false claims about Indian parents”. Here is the third part of Aiyar’s report."

Del 4:
UNICEF forced juveniles to ‘role play’ to elicit targeted response on child abuse
Av Suranya Aiyar
SundayGuardianLive, 14 oktober 2015

The Ministry of Women and Child Development is being misled by a prejudiced report on child abuse in India, guided by UNICEF and Save the Children, an NGO. The report, which the ministry has accepted to serve as its statistical anchor, has given an exaggerated number of offenders within the family by clubbing neighbours and acquaintances as relatives. The report further floats a false notion that Indian parents indulge in a “conspiracy of silence” and are prone to cover up cases of child abuse. Suranya Aiyar exposes all this in “Save your child from UNICEF: A study of UNICEF’s biased and false claims about Indian parents”. Here is the fourth part of Aiyar’s report.

Del 5:
UNICEF resorted to misusing concepts of ‘child neglect’ and ‘emotional abuse’
Av Suranya Aiyar
SundayGuardianLive, 19 oktober 2015

Here is the fifth part of Aiyar’s report.
In this part, we scrutinise the Report’s (Study on Child Abuse: India 2007
http://wcd.nic.in/childabuse.pdf) claims about “emotional abuse” and “neglect” of female children.

• WHAT IS “EMOTIONAL ABUSE”?
“Emotional abuse” is defined as “treating harshly, shouting, belittling, name calling and using abusive language while addressing children” and “comparison”, which is described as comparing siblings or other children with each other.
• WHAT IS “GIRL CHILD NEGLECT"
Girl child neglect is defined by the following so-called “indicators”: “less attention, less appreciation, less food, fault finding, household work compared to other siblings and looking after siblings”.
    Regarding this portion of the Report, we will not repeat the exercise of scrutinising the statistics as we have done on its claims about physical and sexual abuse. We believe that regardless of whether or not the stated statistics stand up to scrutiny, the matters discussed in this portion of the Report have no place in a study on abuse.

Del 6:
UNICEF deliberately misled child respondents, their parents about nature of research
Av Suranya Aiyar
SundayGuardianLive, 20 oktober 2015

Here is the sixth part of Aiyar’s report.
• FAILURE TO TAKE INFORMED CONSENT
• MISLEADING RESPONDENTS AS TO THE NATURE AND INTENTION OF THE RESEARCH
• CAN YOUNG CHILDREN MEANINGFULLY GIVE CONSENT?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:52 am 
Superposter

Flere nye deler av Suranya Aiyars studie er publisert i SundayGuardianLive. Lenker til dem er lagt til i posten ovenfor.